Sometimes I don't have enough to say for a whole blog post. But sometimes I have things to say that are also more than a tweet. So I decided I might occasionally copy Hilarity In Shoe's 10 Thing Thursday posts and do something similar here. For now, this is Ten Things Tuesday, but that's subject to change without notice.
1. I had no idea that people were so serious about their TOMS. I guess that kinda means that I can support those people a little, because they're clearly wearing them out of love, not just because it's the trendy thing to do. However, while lunching in Arlington Saturday, I saw a girl wearing TOMS wedges. That's still never ok.
2. How do you convince a crow that he should spend his mornings elsewhere? I'm thinking bb gun right now, so if any of you crow lovers want to step up and save a bird, here's your chance.
3. I know DC is this big drinking capital for singles and that our social lives revolve around happy hours, nights on the town and mimosa-soaked brunches, but is it ok for me to say that I get a little bored with people who are constantly drinking? Sure, I love a good happy hour and I live for brunch, but that's something I usually do one of per week. Maybe two. Last weekend I even brunched sans alcohol and felt amazingly un-sloth-like when I was out doing things in the sun after. It's great that we can do those things here and there, but honestly, I kinda judge the people who make their schedules revolve around alcohol nearly every day of the week. And you guys know I'm not exaggerating -- there are lots of those people in DC.
4. Why do people still pop their collars? Why aren't we over that yet? This is not rhetorical.
5. I have a tomato plant on my balcony. I love the way it smells. Sometimes I go out there just to touch the leaves and have that delicious tomato plant smell on my hands.
6. I'm really in love with this tangerine infinity scarf from Old Navy. I haven't bought it yet though, so please don't all of you buy it and leave me without one.
7. I met someone recently who told me he does not have an inner child. Rather, he has an inner adult. He also believes that fun is absolutely a state of mind. I like this person a lot and I'm trying to let him influence my thinking as much as possible.
8. I need good summer beach read suggestions. And also some time at an actual beach to do said reading.
9. I'm in love with maxi dresses again, because they just feel so much more comfortable than anything else on the planet, except maybe pajamas. But I still can't decide if they are too casual for work. You'd think something longer and not shorter would be less casual, but I'm pretty sure we'd both be wrong on that. For now, I'm saving them for Fridays until I resolve this dilemma.
10. I've been realizing that I'm really, truly happy lately. I feel like all the dust has finally settled on so many of the changes that happen in my life over the last year. I have a wonderful new job, I'm having fun dating, I know who my true friends are, and there are some really exciting things going on with my family. I just feel lucky lately. Probably also subject to change without notice, but for now, I'm reveling in it.