1. This is the strangest D.C. summer I've ever experienced, weather-wise. Sure, we've had some seriously hot and humid days. But they have all been punctuated with some really nice days, with 75-degree sunny skies and low humidity. Today? It feels like fall. So strange, but I'm not complaining!
2. I think I officially AM a morning person now. After a few weeks of getting to work earlier and earlier, 6:00 a.m. is now my wake-up time and getting in to work at 8:00 means I feel late.
3. Four years ago today I wandered into a Starbucks downtown and met a man who would eventually teach me everything I thought I already knew about being in love and being loved back. Today, that same man is trying to teach me how to open up again to someone new. Truth is stranger than fiction.
4. So yeah, I met someone new. It's really, really new, but I haven't felt this way since I met The Dude, so I'm very hopeful. I'm doing all the wrong things that somehow become all the right things and seem to work anyway and that's my only clue that maybe this could be something. He's wonderful and I daydream about him all day long. The only thing better than that feeling is him telling me that he does the same.
5. On that same note, nothing motivates me more to workout and eat right than meeting someone new. I've been swimming a lot, feeling stronger, and not even craving anything more than salads and smoothies. It's definitely a change for the better so far and I needed the jumpstart.
6. I am finally reading The Help and loving it.
7. I was on a mission last week to find a new vacuum that wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg. The one I've had for about six years finally died. I refused to buy a Dyson, even though that's the only thing two Targets and a Bed Bath & Beyond had in stock. (Total conspiracy, in my opinion. I buy designer handbags and shoes, not designer vacuums.) When I finally found an $80 replacement for my old Bissell, I vacuumed the hell out of my apartment on Sunday.
8. My baby sister is pregnant and I think has finally picked the theme for her nursery. I don't want to spoil it here, but let's just say that I've been Googling and bookmarking like a fiend lately. I need to start a savings account just to support the shopping habits I'm going to have for this baby.
9. A friend and I had been waiting for a repeat of last summer's Living Social deal for the Kenny Chesney concert, which of course features Tim McGraw this year. It finally came out yesterday and we jumped on that without hesitation. For anyone else who wants to join in the fun, it's a great deal: https://www.livingsocial.com/events/383718-kenny-chesney-and-tim-mcgraw-2-tickets
10. I think I'm finally starting to really forgive and forget some of the things that hurt me over the last six months. Not caring can be a truly great feeling sometimes.