I started making my fall fashion list about a month ago. I have to, because otherwise once fall fashion hits the stores, I want to buy it all. I've learned that I need to make a list of the top pieces I want to add or I end up with a closet full of trends and nothing to hold it all together.
Everyone's list is different, but it's good to have an idea of a few specific things you're looking for when you venture out to the mall this month. Here's what on my list:
1. Peplum. I still haven't added any new peplum to my wardrobe. I have an old peplum top that I love and was excited to dig out of the back of my closet when the trend came around, but I haven't purchased anything new. I love this simple navy peplum dress. I'm always buying fun fall dresses that I can wear with boots, but I like the structured shape of this more than my usual go-to.
2. A New Watch. I haven't worn a watch in years. Not for any specific reason, but I just got out of the habit. So I'm in the market for a new watch, and I love this chain bracelet one from Michael Kors.
3. Leopard Scarf. Leopard is big this fall and I like to incorporate it with accessories, mostly. I've actually already purchased infinity scarf from Old Navy (and it's surprisingly good quality, too!) so I can check this one off the list.
4. A New Black Tote. When it comes to basic handbags, a quality black bag is the one thing my collection is missing, if you can believe it. I guess I've always thought it a little boring and I tend to carry a cognac or grey bag in the fall and winter, anyway. But I really do need to add a black bag. This Foley + Corinna bag is one I'm keeping my eye on.
5. Colored Denim. I love the colored denim trend, and just about every retailer out there has something to choose from. While I love these yellow skinny jeans, especially with leopard in the fall, I might stick with something a little darker. Maybe green or a raspberry wine?
6. New Leopard Flats. I have leopard peep toes and I have a casual leopard flat, but I needed something a little more dressy to add to my shoe collection. I think leopard is a great neutral, so you can't go wrong adding another pair. I already got lucky and found a great pair at Nordstrom Rack a few weeks ago, so this is checked off my list, but this pair from Madewell is everywhere lately and I really love the cut.
Have you made your fall shopping list yet? What's at the top of the list for you?